HBPA of Alberta Purchase/Claim Incentive
The HBPA of Alberta will pay 50% or up to $7,500.00 whichever amount is less, on claims or purchases from a public sale made outside of Alberta. Claimed horses must not have ever ran in Alberta and claim prices must be minimum $3,000 claim tag. In the event horses claimed or purchased in the US, the Canadian to US exchange will be treated as par.
3 year old and up
The amount owing to the owner will be paid out equally (25%) over the horses first 4 starts for 3-year-old and up. If the horse fails to get 4 starts over the course of Century’s Alberta race meets, it will receive the prorated rate. In the event the horse is claimed on any of the first 4 starts, the original owner will continue to receive their prorated amounts through the horse’s 4th start.
2 year old
The amount owing to the owner will be paid out equally (50%) for the horses first 2 starts. If the horse fails to get 2 starts over the course of Century’s Alberta race meets, it will receive a prorated rate. In the event the horse is claimed on either of the first 2 starts, the original owner will continue to receive their prorated amounts through the 2nd start.
Bill of Sale must match the initial claiming/purchase price and purchase prices must be verified via a public source – i.e.- auction house or racetrack claim. Horses must be claimed from a racetrack or purchased at a public auction house outside of Alberta. No private sales are allowed. Bill of sale must be on file in the race office at the current Century track at the time of registration papers are submitted in order for the application to be considered.
The owner must leave the horse’s papers in the Century Casinos Alberta race offices until the end of the 2023 Century Casino Alberta Racing Season, and to race the horse exclusively at Century Casino Alberta Race Tracks until the end of the 2023 season.
Repayment of all monies received for the horse will release the papers unless HRA or Century House Rules prohibits such release.
Applicants must be an individual, corporation or a partnership;
- Horses 2 year old and up as of January 1st 2023 qualify
- If purchased at a sale, the sale must be a recognized public auction;
- Horses must be claimed/purchased for a minimum $3,000 to be eligible;
- A maximum of $7,500 is available per horse;
- Horses must have never started in Alberta as of opening day at Century Mile in 2023;
- Horses cannot be Alberta Bred;
- Horses must be claimed/purchased between the dates of September 1, 2022 and May 6, 2023. (Reminder that if claimed/purchased prior to Century Mile’s 2022 race season ending, horses must not start at the 2022 Century Mile race meet.)
- Horses are required to run only at Century Tracks 2023 race meet. Horses are allowed to ship to make one start in Stake Races with a purse at or above $40,000.00, with permission in writing from the HBPA Manager. Stake races below $40,000.00 not considered. The HBPA reserves the right to approve or deny these requests based on horse population issues.
Horse must have at least one start at Century Tracks 2023 Race Meet prior to June 30th, 2023, to be eligible. Two-year old’s are exempt from this date requirement.
Individual horses only qualify for one HBPA Incentive program per year.
Application Deadline is June 30th, 2023.
As this program is capped, this is a first come first serve program and not all applications may be approved.
Applications MUST be filled out by the applicant. Texts and phone calls with the horse’s name will not be considered.
HBPA has the right to refuse any and all applications. Applicants accepts all other terms and conditions relating to the program, which may be amended from time to time.
**Any owner/trainer that does not abide by the stipulations provided for this incentive can be requested to pay back any and all funds that have been dispersed. The HBPA reserves the right to garnish these funds from an owners account**